For Newton Now
The Harvey County Health Department has confirmed six new cases of COVID-19 in Harvey County. The confirmed cases include:
- A female in her 70s. She is hospitalized. She is a close contact in the family unit of a known active case.
- A female in her 30s. She is a close contact of a known active case.
- A male in his 30s. He is a close contact of a known active case.
- A male in his 20s. He is a close contact of a known active case.
- A male in his 20s. He was in contact with another individual with COVID-19 in another county.
- A male under 10 years old. He is a close contact of a known active case.
The Health Department will regularly monitor the health of the individuals, as well as follow up on all close contacts.
Harvey County has had 301 COVID-19 cases to date, including 295 confirmed and six probable cases. There are 17 known active cases in Harvey County. Three individuals are hospitalized.
There have been 4,580 people tested for COVID-19 in Harvey County.
As of today, the Kansas Department of Health and Environment confirmed 45,220 cases of COVID-19 in the state to date, including 2,415 hospitalizations and 481 deaths. The KDHE reported 427,205 completed tests in Kansas.